#1 The Cointelegraph – Crypto Funds Are a Good Idea: Here’s Why
- Legal transparency and KYC
- Trading terminal for a perfectly balanced portfolio
- Market liquidity solution
- Fund’s tokenization
#2 Cryptocoinsnews – Why Bitcoin Now Wears a Suit and Tie, and Will Soon Reach $10,000
- Adoption by futures traders will ensure new found respectability for Bitcoin and push its value to five digits within months, argues David Jinks, Head of Consumer Research at e-commerce fulfilment experts ParcelHero.
#3 Coindesk – Chinese Power Provider Denies Bitcoin Mining Ban
- A state-owned electric utility in China is rebuffing rumors that bitcoin mining has been deemed illegal by the government.Rumors spread in the past day – based on a circulated document – indicating that the country’s State Grid was moving to ban bitcoin mining at a county level in Sichuan province, an ostensibly notable development given the area’s abundant water supply for electricity generation and the fact that profit-chasing bitcoin miners are headquartered in the region.
#4 Coindesk – Russian Central Bank Official: ICOs Have ‘Huge Potential’
- A senior official at Russia’s central bank said earlier today that he believes initial coin offerings (ICOs) could drive funding opportunities for startups.
- Shvetsov was quoted as saying:
“Our country has a tremendous potential of innovations, our students, young people and entrepreneurs have the edge over any country in the world from the viewpoint of ideas, and amid the lack of classical institutions of startups support, ICO development has a huge potential to finance those ideas.”
#5 Coindesk – UK Finance Regulator Warns Against Cryptocurrency Derivatives
- The agency said:
“Cryptocurrency CFDs are an extremely high-risk, speculative investment. You should be aware of the risks involved and fully consider whether investing in cryptocurrency CFDs is appropriate for you.”
#6 Coindesk – Singapore’s Central Bank Outlines When ICOs Are and Aren’t Securities
- According to a Nov. 14 statement from the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), tokens sold through the blockchain funding model may be considered securities under certain circumstances, citing Singapore’s Securities and Futures Act (SFA) as well as the Financial Advisers Act.
#7 Cryptocoinsnews – $100 Billion Hedge Fund Man Group Plans to Add Bitcoin to ‘Investment Universe’
- Historic British hedge fund Man Group says that it will likely add bitcoin to its “investment universe” once U.S. exchange CME launches bitcoin futures contracts next month.
#8 The Cointelegraph – Indecisive Government Causes Bitcoin to Land in India’s Supreme Court
A PIL (Public Interest Litigation) petition has been filed before the Indian Supreme Court, seeking it to issue directions to regulate the flow of Bitcoin and ensure that it is made accountable to the exchequer. The petitioner, Dwaipayan Bhowmick, said:
“It is submitted that certain countries have made Bitcoin subject to their respective tax regimes, while a few other countries have designated it as a commodity, thereby making Bitcoin subject to government regulation and accountable to exchequer but no such mechanism exists in India till date.”
The petitioner also argued that regulatory organizations like the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) and Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) were trying to shirk their responsibility with respect to regulating Bitcoin.
“It is further stated that RBI & SEBI have been trying to shift the onus on each other by asking it to be termed as “currency‟ or “commodity‟… Bare perusal of the said market price would reveal the large scale financial implications such crypto money could cause apart from anti-national activities like terror funding, money laundering, religious conversions, drug trafficking etc., etc.”
#9 BitcoinExchangeGuide – Bitcoin Gold BTG Postpones Hard Fork Due To Developers Premining Update
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) is quickly turning into somewhat of a farce. After forking from the Bitcoin blockchain back on October 25th with the express value proposition of decentralizing mining by allowing miners to mine with GPU, instead of requiring specialized ASIC mining hardware, developers delayed the launch citing various reasons over the past 2 weeks.
- As BTG futures slumped as low as $218 in the interim, BTG developers had been operating their network privately premining 8000 blocks (100,000 BTG) for themselves which is a practice frowned upon by many critics.
#10 BitcoinExchangeGuide – NuVoo Mining – Cryptocurrency Cloud Mining Hash Power Plans?
- NuVoo Mining, found online at Nuvoo.io, is a cryptocurrency mining company with plans ranging from $134 to $32,000.The company currently offers bitcoin and Dash mining. All miners are run from the province of Quebec, Canada. Investors can access webcams 24/7 to view their miners in operation. Since most electricity in Quebec comes from hydroelectric dams, NuVoo Mining emphasizes lower costs and greener energy than its competitors. It’s also cold for a significant part of the year, so NuVoo Mining can offer reduced cooling costs.All mining is done over the cloud. You pay the company money today in exchange for a certain hashrate, then reap whatever profits are generated by your rig.
Disclaimer: This is not “investment advice.” Coin Frog does not bear any kind of liability. Moreover, always do your due diligence and form your own opinions.